Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blog 3

    Ruins of Hope
     The Shining Path
    Escape to the Void 
The artist, Elton Fernades appeals to me, because he is able to manipulate pictures in a way the shows the long progression of time and isolation.  Many of his pictures are about destruction.  I think the big idea of Fernades work is the means to an end, all of his work is distorted and dark.  I find the isolation and the lighter tones in the art to be inspiring.  To me the distant light in the artwork, is like a bit of hope.  I would like to know what the artist is thinking about. What is the true meaning of his artwork, not just what I think.  I would like to incorperate Fernades use to light into my final project so I can ssent a mood the my big idea of time and how it is perceived.  I can learn how to better blend and work on a variety of layers.  My struggle so far has been blending multiple images to make them look as one.  This would make may work all around stronger.  






Erik Johansson

Untitled


Vertical Turn


Perspective Squarecase


The artist, Erik Johansson's artwork appealed to me, because he was able to take structures like roads and morph them.  I think the big idea is this work, is optomism.  Every picture is open bound, with lots of space., there are no boundies and the roads and stairs last forever.  I think the idea of openess to be inspiring in this work.  Unlike Fernades' work, Johansson is much upbeat.  I would be interested in knowing what inspired Johansson and how he was able to transsform these objects without distorting them.  I want to use the vast space the like the artist.  He is able to make it look as if it stretches across forever.  I want to be able to have open space and make it look utilized.  I can stylistically learn how to distort images, without taking the value or quality away from the work of art.  I think being able to keep the true look of the work while altering it will make my work stronger.  Im not sure what apporches to making an artwork I could use  that the artist did.

No comments:

Post a Comment